Today was not the usual morning. I woke up being fully aware that this day can actually change my life forever. Mr and Mrs. Sharma, dad’s long time friends were coming today along with their daughter with a possibility of a probable marriage alliance between their daughter and me. But somewhere, I knew I was not happy. I was not feeling any excitement or any apprehension which typically a guy would feel before such an event. My heart was not here. It was racing back in time and I was wondering if I have done enough to make a difference to my life.
3 years ago……..
“So, when do you come back to India?”
“Well, Adi, I don’t think I will come back. After my post graduation, I will probably look for a job and get settled there only.”
Oh! I was wondering if this would be our last meeting. She is leaving tomorrow, there is so much that I needed to say and there is so little time. Thousands of thoughts were crisscrossing my mind. I didn’t know what all to say, how to say it and what not to say. How will she react? She is leaving tomorrow, should I let her go with just my friendship. But this might very well be the last time that I am seeing her, or I am talking to her, I might never ever get a second chance.
“Ok Adi, it’s time for me to leave. Need to do a lot of packing and then gear up for the flight tomorrow night”
“Well, all the very best. I am sure you will do well. Try and keep in touch. Bye”
She stood there for a while, as if expecting me to say something. But I didn’t. As she turned around to leave, I wanted to stop her. I stretched my hands but could not hold on to her. Over the next two minutes, as I stood there waiting for her to turn, to run towards me and hug me, she just went on and on until she took the turn by the building and disappeared in the crowd. I could no longer see her, tears trickled down my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment